Goose Festival 2016
Kindersley is gearing up for the annual Goose Festival that will run from September 22-25!
“So far we’ve got a pretty good lineup,” said Heather Wall of Kindersley Chamber of Commerce. The highlights of the weekend include:
- A pie-eating contest, as well as a goose-plucking and potato-peeling contest on Thursday night. There will also be a bicycle and skateboard presentation for positive ticketing.
- A heavy horse pull, taking place at 6:00 pm on Friday, and 1:00 pm on Saturday. As usual, this will take place at the Peavey Mart parking lot.
- A Karaoke contest at the Kindersley Mall, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm on Friday.
- A parade at 11:00 am on Saturday. Following the parade, there will be a motorcycle show-and-shine as well as an antique car show-and-shine on Main Street.
- The downtown Goose Festival Dance on Saturday night. The band will be “Men without Shame,” and the event will run from 10:00 pm to 2:00 am. (Minors are excluded.)
- Trap-shooting at the shooting range on Sunday. Registration starts at 1:00 pm and shooting commences at 1:30 pm.
“Tons of food is going to be throughout Main Street of Kindersley [on Saturday],” Heather Wall assures us.
Get ready for an incredible Goose Festival Weekend!